Mines and Geology Department HaryanaAuthor: Poonam
Mines and Geology Department of Haryana is responsible for systematic development of the mineral resources of the State. With regulation of minerals the department is also responsible to regulates the operations of the Stone Crushers in the State.
Responsibilities of Mines and Geology Department :-
- Administration of Mines and Mineral (Development & Regulation) Act, 1957.
- Administration of Mineral Concession Rules, 1960.
- Administration of Haryana Minor Mineral Concession, Stocking, Transportation of Minerals and Prevention of Illegal Mining Rules, 2012 notified on 20.06.2012.
- Administration of Haryana Regulation and Control of Crusher Act, 1991 and Rules framed under namely Haryana Regulation and Control of Crusher Rules,1992.
- Administration of Haryana Minerals (Vesting of Rights) Act, 1973.
Head Quarter of Mines and Geology Department is situated at Panchkula and has its field offices in 16 districts of the state. An IAS/IPS officer is the Director of Mines and Geology and is assisted by the Mining Engineers and Geologists for technical works relating to mineral administration and Geological exploration.