How to screenshot on macAuthor: Saksham
Screenshots are a handy tool for capturing images and information on your Mac. Whether you want to show someone an error message or save a webpage for future reference, taking a screenshot on your Mac is easy and quick. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps of taking screenshots on your Mac, as well as how to crop, edit, and save them.
How to Take a Screenshot on Mac:
There are three ways to take a screenshot on your Mac: using keyboard shortcuts, using the Grab utility, or using the Screenshot app. Here are the steps for each method:
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts:
- To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press Command + Shift + 3. This will capture the entire screen and save it as a PNG file on your desktop.
- To take a screenshot of a selected portion of the screen, press Command + Shift + 4. This will turn your cursor into a crosshair, which you can use to select the area you want to capture. Once you’ve selected the area, release the mouse button or trackpad to capture the image.
- Using the Grab Utility:
- Open the Grab app, which can be found in the Utilities folder under Applications.
- Click on “Capture” in the menu bar, and then select either “Selection”, “Window”, or “Screen” depending on what you want to capture.
- Once you’ve made your selection, the Grab app will capture the image and save it as a TIFF file.
- Using the Screenshot App:
- Press Shift + Command + 5 to open the Screenshot app.
- You can select the type of screenshot you want to take, such as capturing the entire screen, a selected window, or a selected portion of the screen.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on “Capture” to take the screenshot.
How to Crop a Screenshot on Mac:
After you’ve taken a screenshot on your Mac, you may want to crop the image to focus on a particular area. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the screenshot in Preview by double-clicking on the file.
- Click on the “Markup Toolbar” button, which looks like a toolbox.
- Select the “Crop” tool from the toolbar, and then use your mouse to select the area you want to keep.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on “Crop” to save the changes.
How to Save and Paste a Screenshot on Mac:
After you’ve taken a screenshot and edited it, you may want to save it or paste it into a document or email. Here’s how to do it:
- To save the screenshot, simply drag the file from your desktop into a folder or document.
- To paste the screenshot, open the document or email where you want to paste it, and then press Command + V. This will paste the screenshot into the document.
Taking screenshots on your Mac is easy and convenient, and there are multiple methods to do it. Whether you’re using keyboard shortcuts, the Grab utility, or the Screenshot app, you can capture and edit images quickly and easily. Remember that you can crop, save, and paste your screenshots to use them in documents, emails, or social media. With these simple tips, you’ll be able to take screenshots like a pro on your Mac.
Some important study notes