How to make Mac dark modeAuthor: Poonam
Dark Mode is a popular feature that can be found on most modern operating systems, including macOS. It is a great way to reduce eye strain and make your Mac look sleek and modern. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to enable Dark Mode on your Mac.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Your Mac:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “General.”
- In the Appearance section, select “Dark” to enable Dark Mode.
- Close the System Preferences window, and you’re done!
Your Mac will now have a dark theme, with black menus and windows, white text, and accents in shades of gray and blue. This theme will be applied to all of your native apps, such as Safari, Mail, and Messages.
How to Schedule Dark Mode:
If you prefer to have your Mac switch to Dark Mode automatically at a specific time, you can schedule it to do so.
- Open the System Preferences app.
- Click on “Displays.”
- Select the “Schedule” button in the lower left corner of the window.
- In the “Display” dropdown menu, select “Dark.”
- Choose the times you want Dark Mode to turn on and off.
- Click on “OK” to save your changes.
Now, your Mac will automatically switch to Dark Mode during the scheduled time, making it easy to use your Mac at night or in low-light conditions.
How to Use Dark Mode with Third-Party Apps:
While Dark Mode works with all of Apple’s native apps, it may not work with third-party apps. However, many popular third-party apps, such as Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and Adobe Creative Cloud, offer their own Dark Mode themes.
To enable Dark Mode in a third-party app, look for an option in the app’s settings or preferences menu. If the app doesn’t have a built-in Dark Mode, you may be able to find a third-party app or plugin that adds Dark Mode functionality.
Enabling Dark Mode on your Mac is a simple process that can be done in just a few clicks. Whether you prefer a darker color scheme for aesthetic or health reasons, Dark Mode can provide a more comfortable computing experience. By scheduling Dark Mode or using Dark Mode with third-party apps, you can customize your Mac’s appearance to your liking.
Some important study notes